5 Reasons bleach should not be used for mold removal on porous surfaces
- The active ingredient in bleach does not penetrate porous surfaces. So you wind up adding to the molds moisture source allowing the hyphae (mold roots) to grow more
- Bleach is very good at removing color from mold, giving you a false sense of successful mold removal
- Bleach is very corrosive to materials and hazardous to your health
- OSHA and the EPA recommend bleach NOT be used for mold remediation
- There are many alternative anti-microbial solution options readily available that do a better job and are less harmful.